How did they meet?
It was purely love at first sight (not seeing each other in person), but when they received each others bio-data. The 1st time they fell in love with each other was over a piece of paper and 3 sets of pictures. It was magical. They dated for less that a year before got married, around 10 months. Mital, born and bought up in New Jersey came to Vadodara, India in 2011 to play cricket professionally and decided to settle down in Vadodara. Aditi, born and bought up in Vadodara, India having a green card since her childhood, decided to give her green card up and to settle in India. wasn’t this meant to be?
Mital proposed to Aditi on her 27th Birthday in India, just 3 months after they first met. Mital went down on his knees in front of both the families, Aditi couldn’t have asked for a better birthday.
They had 5 pre wedding functions.
- Pre-Wedding Engagement was a very subtle/elegant function where they exchanged our rings and cut cake. They stuck to the theme of red roses and white Rajnighandha
- Mehendi – Rajasthani Theme for decor and food
- Vidhi & Haldi – Gujarati Bandhani theme for decor and Gujarati food menu
- Sangeet – Western theme, they stuck to royal blue and gold coloured decor and continental menu.
- Wedding – Extremely traditional decore with elephant structures made of red/white flowers, a mandap open to sky covered in red roses. Red roses because they symbolize love.
Advice for couples?
- Communicate as frequently and effectively as you can.
- Listen while the other person speaks.
- Be the reason your partner smiles everyday.
- In times of arguments, dont leave loose ends, understand what the actual problem is.
They want to specially thank Aditi’s sister, Parita Amin (@pari.amin) as she was the event planner, our photographer – @fine_art_production and my MUA – @safamalim for all the wonderful work they have done.